Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Season greetings from New Zealand! "This the season to be jolly"....bullocks!

The ones that know me well also know about my issues with xmas. Hatred would be too strong expression so I'm gonna use dislike. Yeah, that sounds way more appropriate. On the other hand I don't think it's all bad. I do enjoy the traditional Finnish xmas foods for example. I just really dislike the fuss, hastiness and commerciality and don't even get me started with the xmas jingles in supermarkets and the masses of people behaving badly whilst shopping.

Having said that I also think that xmas dislikes me so it might be that were even. For example I've been sick quite a few times during xmas. Fevers, stomach problems even before the devouring had begun and so on. I also have had some great times, don't get me wrong, mostly thanks to my dear friends back in Finland.

At the moment I sit in a cafe in New Plymouth, New Zealand (I shall write later on how I ended up here). The iced coffee that I'm slurping is in fact delicious and they play some proper non-xmas related music. Why am I singing the blues then?
I shall quote my hero, Homer Simpson: "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is: Never try”

I broke my plan of not having plans and I ended up planning my xmas before hand. I was even really excited about it this year which is quite unordinary for me. Like usually things don't go as you plan or as you imagine them to go. There's always a curveball waiting behind the corner. So instead of the xmas I had planned I needed to go back to my no plans routine. Damn you xmas. I guess this was the revenge for not liking you but it goes both ways. This doesn't exactly change my attitude towards better =)
Ho ho ho.
Now now, no need to get worried there. As much as I like Homer's quote I shall not stop trying and failing. I guess in the end that's the "salt" in life. Even though my entry this time seems a bit gloomy I only wanna wish you all a merry merry xmas! Enjoy it with the people you love and cherish them.

Yours, Teemu

No comments:

Post a Comment